Women’s Advanced Handgun
This class is for women who have a solid grasp of shooting their handgun, and want to transition to “defensive shooting”, which is the use of their handgun in a defensive violent encounter where their life, or the lives of others are at stake.
This class involves about 6 hours of in-classroom training and 4 hours of live-fire range training.
A brief look at
What You’ll Learn
Safety & Training Goals
Functions and Operation of a Modern Pistol
Proper Shooting Fundamentals
What the class will be like…
The classroom learning for this class is in a classroom (as opposed to online eLearning). he location .
This non-shooting portion of the class is a total of approximately 3 classroom-based learning hours. Check the individual class to confirm the schedule.
Because this is a live-fire course, safety considerations require a class size on the range of not greater than 10 students. Classes may be rescheduled if there is insufficient registration.
There are no mandatory prerequisites.
This class is ideal for first-time shooters.
What To Bring To The Class
When you come to the class, you will need:
- Note-taking material
- A curious and open mind
- No ammunition whatsoever (all classes have a strict “no ammo” policy to avoid accidents)
- A water bottle or other refreshments suitable for the class duration. Refreshments may be provided for some classes – check the individual class.
Most commonly we will be shooting at our own private indoor range in West Mifflin, located here. This is an indoor range with full amenities. The temperature at the range is typically in the 60’s in the winter and the 70’s in the summer.
Occasionally the range day will be held elsewhere. The specific registration page for each class will indicate the location of the range as well as the classroom (if applicable).
What To Bring To The Range
When you come to the range, you will need:
- Protective eyewear
- Protective earwear
- A freshly cleaned, fully-functioning pistol
- A holster designed for your particular pistol which fully covers the trigger and trigger guard
- 150 rounds of quality ammunition suitable for your pistol. We strongly recommend less expensive but reputable full metal jacket (FMJ) ammo. You may leave the range with some remaining ammunition with which to practice.
- Footwear suitable for the terrain (no open-toed shoes)
- Snacks/food sufficient for the duration on the range based upon your personal needs
- Note-taking material
- A attitude consistent with a student who is willing to be an attentive, diligent and safe learner
What You Will Receive
As part of the Women’s Basic/Intermediate/Advanced series of classes, all participants will receive first rate instruction, a well-researched and well-written, full-color text for this class. Successful participants will also receive a certificate from the USCCA signed by that organization as well as your instructor.
The normal fee for this class is $200.00. This includes the text, classroom instruction, live-fire range training and certification from Davis & Company: Firearms and Personal Defense Training as well as the USCCA. Please check the individual class page before registering to see if there are modification for the specific class.
Click here to register for Women's Basic Handgun
If we have a class that’s currently scheduled, you can register right away. If not, click the “Put me the The List!” button to send us an e-mail about your interest in DSF-L1.